Your training & background within a laboratory setting focuses on safety, attention to detail , and strictly following Standard Operating Procedures. Efficient time management, with constant concern on prioritizing and turnaround times enables you to perform your job with the utmost productivity. Experience and understanding of Laboratory Information Management systems, computer platforms and communications is displayed in your consistent and professional reports.
– Receive Samples, Log in to LIMS Database
– receive payment from clients as applicable
– shipping and re-distribute samples as required to subcontract labs
– Perform some basic, as well as skilled analysis on soils and water samples. Strict timelines must be met.
– Enter data. Integrate subcontract data into LIMS. Report to client
– Make up chemicals and solutions as required.
– general maintainance and housekeeping (cleaning, disposal, inventory).
– Training will be provided.
Many of our samples are very time-sensitive (analysis reporting deadlines). Of these, a majority are oilfield-related, which means 24/7 operations. We require someone who can be flexibile with their time & time-management. Typically, a Monday-Saturday schedule would be best. Some call-outs on nights & weekends may occur, but extra compensation is given for this. An ideal candidate would be able to take days, afternoons or mornings off on non-busy days; but might be expected to put in longer-hour and/or back-to-back days when times are busy.
Please send and e-mail with your cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com
Summer Student – 2017
Central Labs Ltd. is located in Red Deer, Alberta. They are a Private Environmental Testing Laboratory that tests water, soil and oilfield wastes. Central Labs has an opening for a summer student to assist with a variety of technical, administration and marketing tasks.
The ideal candidate must be or have:
- At least 15 years of age
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
- Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address
- Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1.
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- Is available for full-time summer employment
- Participates in only one STEP position during the summer
- a Class 5 Drivers license or equivalent
The ideal candidate should be:
– enrolled in any combination of the following programs:
– Hard Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Administration, Marketing, Engineering)
– be willing to relocate to Red Deer, Alberta
The job description will entail:
– Term of employment will be approx. 16 weeks; starting at or near May 01, 2017
– Learning basic lab skills to prepare chemicals, perform a variety of preparation & analysis on soil, water, and oilfield wastes.
– Full training will be provided as per required skill set.
– Logistics support including sample shipping, pickup & drop-off.
– assumed duties of emergency contact on alternating weekends and/or holidays, including sample preparation and/or analysis.
– when lab duties are caught up, the student will assist in marketing and promotion of the company, including but not limited to:
– social media updates
– attend networking & social functions as available or identified.
– formulate a marketing brochure which outlines the company and its services
– Seek out new clients by cold-contacting various companies in Central Alberta, possibly contacting head-offices in Calgary or Edmonton.
– assist in organization of our Annual Westerner Days pancake Breakfast (and possibly parade).
– Provide various other assistance as required by the company.
Wage range is between $12.50 – $20 / hr., dependent on educational/hands-on experience and enthusiasm.
This is your opportunity to learn some valuable laboratory, social, marketing and science skills.
A very obnoxious, yet fun-to-drive car will be provided.
Please send and e-mail with your cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You MUST QUOTE CL-STEP17 in the subject line.