Summer Student – 2018
Central Labs Ltd. is located in Red Deer, Alberta. They are a Private Environmental Testing Laboratory that tests water, soil and oilfield wastes. Central Labs has an opening for a summer student to assist with a variety of technical, administration and marketing tasks.
The ideal candidate must be or have:
- At least 15 years of age
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
- Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address
- Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1.
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- Is available for full-time summer employment
- Participates in only one STEP position during the summer
- a Class 5 Drivers license or equivalent
The ideal candidate should be:
– enrolled in any combination of the following programs:
– Hard Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Administration, Marketing, Engineering)
– be willing to relocate to Red Deer, Alberta
The job description will entail:
– Term of employment will be approx. 16 weeks; starting at or near May 01, 2018
– Learning basic lab skills to prepare chemicals, perform a variety of preparation & analysis on soil, water, and oilfield wastes.
– Full training will be provided as per required skill set.
– Logistics support including sample shipping, pickup & drop-off.
– assumed duties of emergency contact on alternating weekends and/or holidays, including sample preparation and/or analysis.
– when lab duties are caught up, the student will assist in marketing and promotion of the company, including but not limited to:
– social media updates
– attend networking & social functions as available or identified.
– formulate a marketing brochure which outlines the company and its services
– Seek out new clients by cold-contacting various companies in Central Alberta, possibly contacting head-offices in Calgary or Edmonton.
– assist in organization of our Annual Westerner Days pancake Breakfast (and possibly parade).
– Provide various other assistance as required by the company.
Wage range is between $12.50 – $22 / hr., dependent on educational/hands-on experience and enthusiasm.
This is your opportunity to learn some valuable laboratory, social, marketing and science skills.
A very obnoxious, yet fun-to-drive car will be provided.
Please send and e-mail with your cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com. You MUST QUOTE CL-STEP18 in the subject line.